The International Society for the Study of Early Medieval England (ISSEME) was founded in 1983 as the International Society of Anglo-Saxonists (ISAS). Throughout its history, the society has provided scholars interested in the languages, literatures, arts, history, and material culture of early medieval England with support in their research and to facilitate an exchange of ideas and materials within and among the disciplines. Here you will be able to find out more about the history of the society, as well as overviews of its biennial conferences, award winners and graduate workshops.
- History of the International Society for the Study of Early Medieval England (under construction)
- Overview of award winners
- Overview of biennial conferences
- Overview of graduate workshops
- Overview of New Voices sessions